Soft Pretzel With Honey Peppercorn Beer Mustard Sauce
- 4 tsp
active dry yeast
- 5 cups
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 4 cups
- 1 1/4 cups
Warm Water 110 degrees F
cup + 1 tsp White Sugar
- 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup
Kosher Salt for topping
Honey Peppercorn Beer Mustard for dipping
- 2 cup
Ken's Brewpub Mustard
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp
Cracked Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp. sugar in 1 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into dough. If the mixture is dry, add one or two more tbsp. of water.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in 4 cups hot water; set aside.
- When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape.
- Once all of the dough is shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda-hot water solution and place pretzels on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Serve with Honey Peppercorn Beer Mustard sauce for dipping.