Soft Pretzel With Honey Peppercorn Beer Mustard Sauce
- 4 tsp
active dry yeast
- 5 cups
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 4 cups
- 1 1/4 cups
Warm Water 110 degrees F
cup + 1 tsp White Sugar
- 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup
Kosher Salt for topping
Honey Peppercorn Beer Mustard for dipping
- 2 cup
Ken's Brewpub Mustard
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp
Cracked Black Pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp. sugar in 1 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt.
- 3. Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into dough. If the mixture is dry, add one or two more tbsp. of water.
- 4. Knead the dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- 5. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil.
- 6. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 8. In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in 4 cups hot water; set aside.
- 9. When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- 10. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape.
- 11. Once all of the dough is shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda-hot water solution and place pretzels on baking sheets.
- 12. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- 13. Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 8 minutes.
- 14. Serve with Honey Peppercorn Beer Mustard sauce for dipping.