Roasted Beet And Citrus Salad With Ricotta And Lemon
- 2 each
- 1/4 tbsp
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 each
Grapefruit, cut into wedges
- 1 each
Orange, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup
Ricotta cheese, seasoned
- 2 tbsp
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2. Toss beets, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until beets are coated.
- 3. Wrap in foil, transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven.
- 4. Roast until beets are completely tender and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into a beet through foil meets little to no resistance, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 6. When beets are cool enough to handle, peel by gently rubbing skin under cold running water.
- 7. Cut beets into 1 1/2–inch chunks. Beets can be cooked and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 8. To Serve:
Toss beets and citrus with vinaigrette in a large bowl (if using red beets, toss them separately from everything else).
Spread half of ricotta over a serving platter, place dressed beets and citrus on top, dollop with remaining ricotta, sprinkle with pistachios, and serve.